The DSN is a networking facility and source of news and commentary for people working in the field of disability studies. Based in the University of Glasgow, our aim is to encourage debate and conversation between people from a wide variety of subject backgrounds pertaining to disability. We publish regular articles and opinion pieces on different aspects of disability studies, as well as a range of calls for papers, conference announcements and information about relevant cultural events.
If you would be interested in publishing something on the DSN blog, we’d love to hear from you – please get in touch. Contributions are welcome from academic researchers and postgraduates, clinical and healthcare workers, and writers and artists interested in disability.
We welcome posts of up to 2000 words in any of the following formats:
- Announcements of events, conferences, seminars and upcoming/recent publications
- Calls for papers/submissions
- Reviews of books, films, exhibitions and conferences
- Reflections on disability policy-making
- Short ‘concept pieces’ focusing on current research questions and future concerns
- Editorial/opinion pieces
- Practice-led research: poetry, short stories, extracts from longer work, photo-essays, and images of any relevant artistic works
If you have something to contribute, please contact Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can keep up with what’s happening at the DSN via email or RSS subscription.