Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- the bio/medical technologies as biopolitical tool
- strategies and contexts of resistance against bio/medical technologies
- prosthesis as cultural artefact and political statement
- dis/emancipatory technologies
- global and postcolonial aspects of relations between technology and disability
- special – mainstream – and back again: assistive technologies
- the cyborgisation of the disabled body
- disabled users and DIY practices: reusing, repairing and tinkering as inventing
- the disabled inventors
To submit a proposal please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2018, as the session proposals deadline is 15 January 2019. In your proposal please include a 300-word abstract (please keep that limit as the submission system is very strict), as well as one-page CV, both in .doc or .docx format.
To see the original CfP please visit ICOHTEC’s website.