Conference: 6th – 8th September 2016
The Lancaster Disability Studies conference brings together researchers, practitioners, policy makers and activists from around the world, to share and debate research, ideas and developments in disability studies.
We invite submissions of abstracts for either symposium, paper or poster presentations on current research, ideas, issues and new developments in disability studies. In particular we welcome submissions in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Impact of global economic changes
- Welfare reform
- War, conflict and political change
- Institutions, independent living and citizenship
- Normalcy and Diversity
- Media Cultures
- History, Literature and Arts
- Transnational perspectives and the ‘Global South’
- Borders, boundaries, migration and citizenship
- Theoretical and methodological ideas and debates
- Assistive technologies
- Death, dying and end of life
- Hate crime, violence and abuse
- Social policy and legislation
- Human rights and social justice
Abstracts of up to 300 words should be submitted by 31st March 2016 using EasyChair:https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ldsc16
nb. You will need to create an Easy Chair account to submit an abstract.
Please contact Brigit McWade for any queries about the call for papers or abstract submission.