The 2013 Southwest Conference on Disability Call For Papers is now open! The conference, held October 8-11, 2013 during the forty-first International Balloon Fiesta, is accepting proposals on the following themes:
- The Rehabilitation Act at 40: Promises Kept, Promises Still to Keep
- Assistive Technology: Opening the Door for People with Disabilities
- When the Community, Business and Government Collaborate, People with Disabilities Work!
- Access to Health for Women with Disabilities
- Brain Injury: A Family Affair Across the Lifespan
For more information on the conference themes or to submit a proposal, visit the conference website; http://cdd.unm.edu/swconf/
The deadline for proposals is May 28th, 2013.
The 2013 Southwest Conference on Disability is moving to the Hotel Albuquerque, in the heart of Old Town, Albuquerque’s original settlement dating from 1706. Step outside the doors of the hotel into Old Town. Buy fine silver and jewelry from Native American vendors, or take a historic walking or trolley tour of Old Town, including the nightly lantern-lit Ghost Tour.
Dr. Anthony Cahill
Director, Division of Disability and Health Policy and Conference Chair