So, all has been quiet at the DSN in the last few weeks, but we now have several guest blogs and collaborative projects looming on the horizon. Look out for posts over the next few weeks on Graeae (a theatre company specialising in disabled access theatre), disabled employment and job design during the recession, and ‘The Secret Life of Staircases’, a post on first-hand experience of the finer points of enabling, aesthetically pleasing, architecture.
Other topics under consideration are as follows:
- Inclusive education and the Curriculum For Excellence (Scotland)
- The Public Gets What the Public Wants: DSM-V terminology and Perceptions of Mental Health
- Imagining Disability Outside of the Visual In Art
- Fashioning Disability: Star(r)ing and Self-Presentation
- Disability in the Workplace
- Changes to Disability Support in the UK
- Disability and Theology
If you have any suggestions for blog post topics that you’d like to read (or write) about, then please let us know!
We’re also still compiling a list of contributors and interested parties, so if you haven’t yet got in touch with areas of research interest and preferred contact details then please email Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nuala (email@example.com) and we’ll add you to the ‘Members’ Details’ section of the blog.