Raymond Luczak, editor of Eyes of Desire 2: A Deaf GLBT Reader and Among the Leaves: Queer Male Poets on the Midwestern Experience, is looking for new creative work (fiction, poetry, essay, and memoir) for an anthology focusing on the queer and/or LGBT disability experience. The pieces need to explore in some way the question of what it means to be queer and disabled. People who identify as genderqueer, genderfluid, etc. are welcome to send in their work. Reprints are also welcome (please note where it was first published in the submission), but unpublished material is preferred. Our goal is to bring the book out by November 2015.
How to Submit
- Have your work in a Word-compatible document (rtf or doc).
- Prose submissions can be up to 6,000 words (novel excerpts must be stand-alone).
- Poetry submissions can be up to 12 pages.
- Include a short bio and mention your disability in your email.
- The email address for submissions and questions is QDAeditor@gmail.com.
Deadline: 30th June 2015
For more information about Squares & Rebels, please see our website.